Thursday, February 21, 2008

Questions from Class on Topic

Two questions people wrote were that I might want to explore the affects of celebrity endorsements on visual propaganda, and are there any particular images parallel to the Brooke’s ship diagram today?. I think that I can use this because it might be aparallel to Brook’s diagram, him being the “celebrity” endorser, or the abolitionists being the celebrities at that time. I think that I would try and find an image, maybe the vote or die slogan related to Sean Combs, or the Fight Against Global AIDS campaign and see if there are any diagrams or pictures that capture the eye and emotions to a similar extent that the slave ship diagram does.

 Did the images that Hochschild mentions really affect the antislavery movement as much as he proposed, implying a picture really can do as much as change someone’s entire view on the subjects?

No comments: