Thursday, February 28, 2008

Using Kantz

I think that in my essay I am goign to have to be very specific about the argument that I make because many people to not really take visual images into consideration now being that they are so popular in our culture. Everything now is shown with a picture and I am going to try and get at the feelings behind the pictures and whether or not they are strong enough to persuade people to bring about change. One thing that I think is important is going to be the idea that I have to explain and interpret my sources mainly because many of them will be visual and not necessarily be written facts, my arguement draws more on the rhetorical aspect rather than factual. I agree with Kantz that the typical student can do all of the things she mentions on the first page, and I think that I have to really be ready to make connections between the information I have, the purpose and thesis I have, and my audience. I think that I will be able to do this effectivly because I plan on drawing on people's pathos and personal experience as a member of this modern day world. With my topic I will be able to find many disagreements because it is not very typical to think about how much weight a picture has in a social movement and I will have to analyze them carefully.

No comments: